Area Rug Carpet Cleaning: 5 Easy Tips for Keeping Your Area Rugs Looking New
Keeping your area rugs looking new can seem like a daunting task, but with a few simple tips, it can be easy and painless. In this article, we will discuss five easy ways of area rug carpet cleaning. We will also provide information on how to clean your carpets if they become stained or dirty.
- Vacuum regularly. The most important way to maintain your area rugs is by vacuuming them often and thoroughly. This will help to remove dirt and other particles that can get trapped in the fibers of your rug, causing it to look dull and dingy over time. Be sure to use a vacuum cleaner with an adjustable setting so you don’t damage the rug while cleaning it.
- Spot clean any spills immediately. When something is spilled on your area rugs, it’s important to act quickly and spot clean the stain before it sets in and becomes difficult to remove. Use a carpet cleaner or warm water mixed with mild detergent or vinegar for best results.
- Rotate your area rugs. Every few months, rotate your area rugs so that they wear evenly over time. This will help to ensure that one side of the rug doesn’t get more foot traffic than the other and will also help to avoid any damage from becoming too concentrated on one spot over time.
- Use a rug pad underneath. A rug pad is an important part of keeping your area rugs looking their best for longer. The pad provides extra cushioning and prevents dirt, dust, and grit from getting embedded into the fibers of your carpet. It also helps protect against fading from sunlight exposure as well as helping to keep the rug in place when it gets stepped on or pushed around.
- Have them professionally cleaned. Professional area rug cleaning should be done every few years in order to keep your carpets looking their best and extending the life of your rugs. This process will clean deep down into the fibers of your rug, removing dirt, stains, and other debris that could have collected over time.
By following these five tips for keeping your area rugs looking new, you can ensure that your carpets stay beautiful for years to come.